Pages

Monday 22 August 2011

Interesting Story about Casillero Del Diablo Wine – The Devils Cellar

A favourite all-time activity of mine is catching up with a good friend over a bottle of wine. This weekend I invited my good friend Gary over to my place to catch up on all that’s been going on in the last few months – and we did so over a bottle of Chilean wine –  Casillero del Diablo – Cabernet Sauvignon.
I could talk about the wine – but it’s a lot more interesting to listen to the Chief Winemaker – Marcelo Papa, who joined the company in 1998, speaking about it over here -Cabernet-Sauvignon.

Here he talk’s about the winery’s history and legend – Chilean Legend.
In 1891 when Don Melchor, founder of Concha y Toro winery discovered that his reserved batch of fine wines had gone missing he spread a rumour that the devil lived in a cellar where he kept his special private reserve of wines. A legend was born – and I’m sure no one dared steal his wines ever again. (I’m such a sucker for history and legends!)

I must say I love their logo too!!


Next time you invite a friend round for a drink, make sure you try the fantastic Casillero del Diablo

No comments:

Post a Comment